25.5.04

Refinery: More songs

Here are a bunch more songs ripe for the Refinery cover, either for their words or the music:

Oingo Boingo - Skin
If you peel away the skin is there anybody there
If you peel away the armor is it too late to begin
Is there anybody hiding if you peel away the skin
Now a spark has passed between us now
A momentary recognition
Something lost and something gained
And something shared that feels strange
Something cold that will not go away
There's a heart as cold as ice
In a vault that's made of stone
Over years the walls got higher
Over years the walls have grown
Is there anybody in there in this self inflicted tomb
If you peel away the layers is there someone in this room


They Might Be Giants - She's an Angel
I found out she's an angel
I don't think she knows I know
I'm worried that something might happen to me
If anyone ever finds out

Why, why did they send her over anyone else?
How should I react? These things happen to other people
They don't happen at all


Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
My head is like a lettuce
Go on and dig your thumbs in
I cannot stop giving
I'm thirty-something

Sense of security
Like pockets jingling
Midlife crisis
Suck ingenuity
Down through the family tree

You're perfect, yes, it's true
But without me you're only you (only you)


The Who - Join Together
Do you really think I care,
What you read or what you wear,
I want you to join together with the band,
There's a million ways to laugh,
And every one's a path,
Come on and join together with the band.


Zoe - Hammer
If I had a dagger
I'm sure I'd drive it in.
I wouldn't stop the twisting
'Til you weeped out all your sins.

Oh tell me - why it's so hard to live.
Why do I take when I really should give?
Oh tell me - why it's so hard to be.
Why am I so blind, when I really should see?


Naughty by Nature - OPP
Arm me with harmony
Dave drop a load on 'em

OPP, how can I explain it
I'll take you frame by frame it
To have y'all jumpin' shall we singin' it
O is for Other, P is for People scratchin' temple
The last P...well...that's not that simple

You probably know the rest.

Fenix TX - Threesome
Let's try this all again, only faster now
Now go ahead and pretend I'm your master now
And if you want to dance, if she wants to lead
I'll go out of my way to make you believe
That your love is all I need


John Mayer - 3x5
Didn't have a camera by my side this time
Hoping I would see the world through both my eyes
Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm
in the mood to lose my way
but let me say
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes
it brought me back to life
You'll be with me next time I go outside


Indigo Girls - Shed Your Skin
I’m speaking in tongues
Handling you
And I got religion now look at it
The days grow longer
As we grow stronger
So shed your skin baby
Let it rip

Come on over now
Come on over baby
Tell me it’s holy holy
I don’t know what that is
Come on over child
I want to call it the fullness of time
I don’t know if it is
Come on over now
Hey holy me
Console me
Some power
Controls me
Remorse it
I force it
Don’t free it
Just be it
Just be it
Just be it

I’m looking to find you
But it’s a little to late
To
Well I look and doubt
If i
In you
In you

I got the hangman
I got milagro
I got the celebration too
The flesh is strong
My spirit’s stronger
So shed your skin
Baby let through

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home