25.5.04

Refinery

During his college years (and beyond), Riel fronted the local band, "Refinery". Refinery was a cover band, but they covered the song by changing the genre and sometimes the tune and/or lyrics. They were known for taking good songs and making them great, or at least good in a whole new way.

For an example of a song covered like Refinery might, see Jack Off Jill's version of the DeVinyls' "I Touch Myself".

Songs that refinery might have covered can be listed on this day in this blog.

Here are a couple of starters from The Indigo Girls:

"Closer to Fine"

Well darkness has a hunger that’s insatiable
And lightness has a call that’s hard to hear

I wrap my fear around me like a blanket
I sailed my ship of safety till I sank it
I’m crawling on your shores


"Prince of Darkness"

My place is of the sun and this place is of the dark
And I do not feel the romance I do not catch the spark
My place is of the sun and this place is of the dark
(by grace, my sight grows stronger)
And I do not feel the romance I will not be
(and I will not be a pawn for the prince of darkness any longer)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home