25.7.04

Fashion in Snow

I started drawing the fashion in Snow almost as soon as I started writing it, so, like the early drafts of the story, much of it has changed dramatically.

First off, a general overview of fashion circa 1999 or so:

The general theme is the 20's, and aliens and robots rubbed shoulders with humans.

I kept a small spiralbound book that I drew fashions, ideas, aliens, and ships in. I'll be posting more of each in the future, most likely as I renovate them. Here are a pair for now, from around 2000:

And the renovated 2005 version:

(The fellow on the right is in the spiralbound book, but was not originally considered cool enough for a scan.)

Gaia and the Brutes have developed quite a bit as well.
Here they are from 1999:

The Brutes were originally aliens, until the idea of Human isolationism developed, and the theme of female numerical dominance suggested they should be women.

Here's a 2003 sketch of the Brutes, putting the squeeze on a couple of pilots in the Spacers' Bar:

And a sketch of Gaia from about the same time period. I think this remains closest to my idea of her.


Finally, 2004 and 2005 drawings of Gaia as I bought the Wacom and the Tablet, respectively:



More to come!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home